Regardless of whether you self-identify or have a formal diagnoses, I will support you to identify the issues that you face, imagine foreclosed possibilities, and develop strategies to realize your potential.
I work with a diversity of clients with:
- Learning Disabilities
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Autism spectrum disorder (ASD)
- Non-verbal learning disabilities
- Executive functioning issues
- Memory issues and acquired brain injuries (ABAI)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Oppositional defiance disorder (ODD)
- Depression & Anxiety
- Mood Disorders
- Chronic Fatigue & Chronic Pain
- Chemical Sensitivities
- Workplace stress, injuries, oppression and discrimination
Related to the following:
- Educational Trauma and understanding it’s developmental impact
- Discovering your hidden strengths & developing strategies
- Improving focus, energy, and motivation
- Understanding psycho-educational assessments
- Navigating post-secondary accessibility services
- Understanding connections between mental health and learning
- Disclosing a dis/ability at work or school
- Goal setting, time management, organization, etc.
- Rehabilitation from workplace accidents
- Finding and creating community
- Processing and healing from trauma
- Dealing with oppression and discrimination
- Navigating workplace accommodations
Learning and Communication Disabilities are commonly perceived to be markers of intellectual weakness. That’s simply not the case! In fact, in order to fit the diagnostic criteria for a learning disability you must fulfill the criteria of being of average or above average intelligence.* Having a learning disability means that you process or express information in unique, diverse, non-traditional ways. These diverse ways of processing information actually give way to unique and innovative ways of thinking and problem solving. But because they are overlooked by traditional education, they don’t get a change to fully develop. By honouring your struggles as strengths and holding a space to process the very real feelings of grief, anger, resentment, I will help you re-frame your perceived limitations, develop strategies to regain your unique balance and rhythm and realize your potential.
* Intelligence here is measured according to IQ texts, which have been critiqued for measuring culturally-specific knowledge rather than problem-solving abilities, and as such, tend to de-value intelligences and knowledges that are unrecognized and under-valued.